Sunday, September 13, 2015

engaged!

I want to remember this day. And I'm worried that my memory will fail me. Today I feel so loved in a foreign land, that it doesn't feel so foreign anymore. Like the first thanksgiving I had here. Like the Christmas that I spent here and that Daniel got to join in on. So loved that the whole family made it such a celebration and had everyone involved. That Oliver and Audrey dressed up and rehearsed it many times but still their stunned looks are what I remember. This dinner will probably be better than the wedding dinner because it was made by David's mom and dad. Beef, asparagus, clam chowder in sourdough bread, salad, and that awesome perfectly flaky and lightly seasoned swordfish. And all the children who were so excited and Elijah and Noah trying out Sugar Cane drink. Noah wondering whether it has happened, and then when I said yes I am going to be your aunt, he replied saying he can't wait for us to have kids haha. And all the extra desserts. And just everyone together.